[Live-devel] Receiving with a SimpleRTPSource without desencapsulating

kevin fesselier kevin_fesselier at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 07:52:39 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm currently trying to receive an RTP stream and to store data in a
circular buffer, so that these data could be then used by my app. To
achieve this, I have written my own BufferSink, which works perfectly.

For example, it allow me do things like this :

MP3 File -> ByteStreamFilesource -> SimpleRTPSink -> ........rtp
stream........->SimpleRTPSource->BufferSink-> myRingBuffer

But now, I wonder if there is a simple way to get RTP packets in this
buffer. I have figured out that RTP header are removed by a
MultiFramedRTPSource function.
I could use for exemple a basic UDP source, to get data as it is (ie :
RTP packets), but no RTP treatment would be done then (I mean, no
reordering ...).
Ideally, I would like to be able to choose, wether I want RTP headers or
not.

I would be pleased if you could give me some hint about the simplest way
to achieve this.

Regards,
Kevin.