[Live-devel] RTCP and Live555 performance

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 12 19:34:07 PDT 2008

>Hi,
>
>I´m using the live555 to stream one image per
>seconde (reading from the files) and in the
>incomingHandler form the RTCPInstance i´m
>getting more client rtcp-app infos and i´m
>writting them in xml files every 5 secondes.
>
>The problem is after starting my application,
>the process performance increase very speedly
>until 100% . I´don´t know why ? Any idea ?

When you create your "RTCPInstance" object, make
sure that the "totSessionBW" is set correctly.
It should be an estimate - in ***kilobits per
second*** - of the corresponding RTP stream's
average bitrate.  This value doesn't need to be
super accurate, but it is used by the code to
figure out how often RTCP reports get sent.

>In the Incominghandler i can see 2 loops (do - while (0) and while(1)).

"do { .. } while(0);" is not a loop.  (Well,
strictly speaking, it *is* a loop, but one that
gets executed once only.)