[Live-devel] How to protect the RTP payload

Francesco Matassoni tubo.catodico at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:32:31 PDT 2008

I need to protect an RTP stream coming from VLC, so i think to make a
program that stand in the middle between a server and a client. My program
take the payload from the RTP packet, protect them and then retransmits it
to another port, always by RTP. I think to use this simple architecture:
SimpleRTPSource --> MyFilter --> SimpleRTPSink, obviously the MyFilter
class protect the payload. I have a couple of question about this:

1) Which class i need to subclass to create the MyFilter class? The
MultiFramedRTPSource or simple the FrameSource?
2) The data that come to the SimpleRTPSink are no more video or audio data
but this data ecnrypted; so is it a problem for the SimpleRTPSink or it
will work even with this non-compliant data?