[Live-devel] streaming mpeg4 with hinting to helix server

Dion Galbreath DionG at Viewcast.com
Wed Jun 18 07:05:22 PDT 2008

>>Does live555 support sending (streaming) the hint tracks to a helix
server?

>No.  "hint tracks" are an Apple-specific hack used only by Apple's
'Darwin Streaming Server'.

But helix states in there doc that they support it. And some older
phones mostly ones in Europe, need the hints to be able to stream the
video.

Helix mobile producer 11, lets you stream to a helix server with hints,
though I see no proof in the playing content that the hints actually
reside in the streams. The sdp doesn't show any other tracks.....  so I
was wondering if hints is mostly for file based files. And not live
streams.

And if it is only for live,  live55 won't be able to stream the hints to
the helix or QuickTime, or Darwin servers???

Thanks

Dion