[Live-devel] Need your help

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 18 10:44:08 PDT 2008

>I checked the testProgs, which one you think better fit my need,
>testMP3Stream.cpp, or testMP3Receiver.cpp?

Look at the code for "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver" (or
"testMP3Receiver"), and read the FAQ to see how to adapt this for
receiving unicast streams.

>  I need to capture multiple
>calls, from your FAQ, the Live library is not thread safe, do you think
>that
>creating different capture session in each thread can work out?

No, you must not use multiple threads.  Instead, you can receive
multiple streams within a single event loop (run by a single thread).
(Alternatively, you could run multiple *processes* (i.e.,
applications), each receiving one stream.  Your choice....)