[Live-devel] Need your help

Tielin Xu TIELXU01 at noa.nintendo.com
Wed Jun 18 08:28:09 PDT 2008

Thanks Ross.

I don't think that I have RTSP server to work with. I plan to use
Cisco
silient monitor to barge in the conversations for quality monitoring,
try to capture the RTP packets for the conversation, and store them,
do you think I need to run Live server on my computer for this purpose?

I checked the testProgs, which one you think better fit my need,
testMP3Stream.cpp, or testMP3Receiver.cpp? I need to capture multiple
calls, from your FAQ, the Live library is not thread safe, do you think
that
creating different capture session in each thread can work out?

Best regards,

Tielin

>>> Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> 06/17/08 8:54 PM >>>
>I need to capture RTP packets with multiple conversations
>simultaneously
>and store them into mp3 or wav files for future reference. Can I use
>live library
>to do this?

Yes.

Are each of these streams sent by a RTSP server - i.e., do each of
them have a "rtsp://" URL?  If so, then the simplest way to record
these streams is to run multiple copies of "openRTSP" simultaneously.

If your streams don't use RTSP, then you can still receive them, but
this requires more work.  Please experiment with the demo
applications (in "testProgs"), and read the FAQ.