[Live-devel] Valid test.mpg file for testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.exe

Luca Abeni lucabe72 at email.it
Tue Jun 24 08:25:24 PDT 2008

Silvain Beriault wrote:

> I tried running the
> testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.exe program with no success. I suspect my
> test.mpg file is in the wrong format since I receive multiple errors of
> the type:
>
> "MPEG1or2VideoStreamParser::parseSlice(): Saw unexpected code 000001E0"

Your test.mpg is probably an MPEG PS, while MPEG1or2VideoStreamParser
wants an MPEG1 or MPEG2 video ES. You can obtaining it by demuxing your
test.mpg file. For example, you can use the "ffmpeg" program with a
command line like
ffmpeg -i test.mpg -vcodec copy test.m2v
and then rename test.m2v to test.mpg. I am pretty sure there also are
other programs that can be used for this purpose instead of ffmpeg.

				Luca