[Live-devel] Valid test.mpg file for testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.exe

Silvain Beriault silvain.beriault at larus.com
Tue Jun 24 07:25:30 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have recently been introduced to the Live555 library which I would
like to use to stream video in real time via the RTP protocol. Our
typical setup would consist a computer that interfaces directly with a
digital camera. Then real-time image processing algorithm is applied to
uncompressed frames of video (i.e. using OpenCV, etc). Processed frames
are then compressed either using H263+ or MJPEG, using the ffmpeg
library, and transmitted to a second computer for remote display purposes.

Before writing my own client/server application I would like to validate
my built of live555 (2008.06.05 under win32) by running the test
programs. I tried running the
testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.exe program with no success. I suspect my
test.mpg file is in the wrong format since I receive multiple errors of
the type:

"MPEG1or2VideoStreamParser::parseSlice(): Saw unexpected code 000001E0"

Would anyone be kind enough to send me a valid test.mpg video file for
the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.exe program.

Your help is greatly appreciated! My excuse in advance if this question
was already answered before.
Silvain Beriault.