[Live-devel] framerate anomaly

Dion Galbreath DionG at Viewcast.com
Tue Jun 24 09:25:22 PDT 2008

We put a directshow wrapper around the live555 library and its been
going great however there seems to be on major anomaly.

If the video we are streaming is less than 16 frames per second, all
audio is dropped after ~ 5 minutes of streaming.  This happens on all
formats

Mpeg4, h264, mpeg2, mpeg1, and h263

Every format from above was tested and every format the audio dropped
after five minutes of streaming. Tests included streaming to a computer,
streaming to a helix, QuickTime, and Darwin server..

If I set the framerate in the file and or capture to 16 or above
everything runs fine. We can stream about 3 or so days without any real
issues, however once I lower that framerate to 15 or anything lower then
16, then the audio will stream with the video for only ~5 minutes. Then
it no longer streams fine... video continues to be fine..

Any ideas. We hadn't touched the live 555 code in any way... we simply
put a directshow filter around it so we can stream live encoded
captures..

Dion