[Live-devel] framerate anomaly

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 24 11:42:23 PDT 2008

>We put a directshow wrapper around the live555
>library and its been going great however there
>seems to be on major anomaly.
>
>If the video we are streaming is less than 16
>frames per second, all audio is dropped after ~
>5 minutes of streaming.  This happens on all
>formats
>Mpeg4, h264, mpeg2, mpeg1, and h263
>
>Every format from above was tested and every
>format the audio dropped after five minutes of
>streaming. Tests included streaming to a
>computer, streaming to a helix, QuickTime, and
>Darwin server..
>
>If I set the framerate in the file and or
>capture to 16 or above everything runs fine. We
>can stream about 3 or so days without any real
>issues, however once I lower that framerate to
>15 or anything lower then 16, then the audio
>will stream with the video for only ~5 minutes.
>Then it no longer streams fineŠ video continues
>to be fine..
>
>Any ideas.

Not really.  However, what do you mean exactly by
"audio is dropped"?  Do you mean that - after 5
minutes - your server stops transmitting audio
RTP packets completely?  If so, then you should
check to make sure that (1) your audio source is
not closing down (for some reason), and (2) the
"fDurationInMicroseconds" values (set by the
object that feeds into your "RTPSink" subclass)
remain correct.