[Live-devel] Multicast Streaming again

Marian Kogler m1kogler at edu.uni-klu.ac.at
Fri Jun 27 04:11:43 PDT 2008

Hello,

ad 2) bind the socket to a multicast address?
How does that work?
Do you use your own library or the live library?
Where do I have to add this code fragment to the live library? (Groupsock.cpp or GroupsockHelper.cpp or ..)
The only way for me to change the interface address, in order to receive an send packets, was to change the variable "SendingInterfaceAddr" and "ReceivingInterfaceAddr". Binding the socket to a multicast address lead to an expected result. I didn't receive any data over the socket. If I bound the socket to a specific network interface I could receive data packets, but had the merging problem.