[Live-devel] Multiple unicasts clients for one Framed Source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jun 28 00:57:01 PDT 2008

>I am wondering if I need to change my FrameSource implementation to
>not set the fReuseFirstSource bit, and instead to duplicate the
>frame data as it comes in, and present the frame data to each
>FramedSource object that requires it.

No, what you were trying to do originally (set the "reuseFirstSource"
parameter to True when you create your "ServerMeiaSubsession"
(subclass) objects) should work so you should stick with this.
However, you should begin your testing with an unmodified version of
the code, reading from a existing data source implementation (e.g.,
from a (file or stdin) "ByteStreamFileSource").  (Once you've
modified the existing code, or written new code of your own, then
it's less likely we'd be able to support you.)

You should note also that for some media types - e.g., MPEG-4 video -
the input source will get opened and read twice (once for the SDP
'config' information, and once for the stream itself), even if
"reuseFirstSource" is True.  Your input source needs to allow for
this (dpending on the media type).