[Live-devel] Multiple unicasts clients for one Framed Source

Rawling, Stuart SRawling at pelco.com
Sat Jun 28 21:40:42 PDT 2008

Thanks Ross,

After following your advice, I went back to basics, and have discovered that
if I did not set the (mpeg4) config attribute in the sdp, the effect was
that my on demand server went a little funky if more than 1 client
connected.  The setting of the config flag was next on my to do list.  But
because of this find has jumped to the forefront.

I am limiting the amount of code I am writing to extend the library to my
needs, and only doing so through subclassing.  I just missed the need for
the SDP to be generated from my mpeg4 source, luckily there is the
getAuxSDPLine function I can overload to accommodate this.

On 6/28/08 12:57 AM, "Ross Finlayson" <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

>> I am wondering if I need to change my FrameSource implementation to not set
>> the fReuseFirstSource bit, and instead to duplicate the frame data as it
>> comes in, and present the frame data to each FramedSource object that
>> requires it.
>
> No, what you were trying to do originally (set the "reuseFirstSource"
> parameter to True when you create your "ServerMeiaSubsession" (subclass)
> objects) should work so you should stick with this.  However, you should begin
> your testing with an unmodified version of the code, reading from a existing
> data source implementation (e.g., from a (file or stdin)
> "ByteStreamFileSource").  (Once you've modified the existing code, or written
> new code of your own, then it's less likely we'd be able to support you.)
>
> You should note also that for some media types - e.g., MPEG-4 video - the
> input source will get opened and read twice (once for the SDP 'config'
> information, and once for the stream itself), even if "reuseFirstSource" is
> True.  Your input source needs to allow for this (dpending on the media type).

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission is legally privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entities named above. This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of Pelco. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone call to +1-559-292-1981 or forward the e-mail to administrator at pelco.com and then permanently delete the e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.