[Live-devel] ask for help in streaming H264 bytestream file with livemedia555

Felix xuwei_felix at yahoo.cn
Sat Mar 22 00:30:41 PDT 2008

Hi :

    I am trying to stream from a H264 bytestream file(sequcen of NALU).

   Till now, I've already read through the code of livemedia555 and the tutorial about how to streaming H264 written by Mojtaba Hosseini.

   I think I should implement my own H264VideoStreamFramer. This class is to get several bytes from ByteStream, get a NALU from thoese bytes and gives it to H264VideoFUAFragment. This NALU, or its fragment will be passed to H264VideoRTPSink, thus packed and send to the client.

   Am I right in understanding the keypoint?

   In implementing my own H264VideoStreamFramer, I come across some problems that you might help with. Some of the problems have alreday been discussed on the maillist before, but I sitll can not figure out the solution when streaming a H264 bitstream file:

   1.How to calculate the presentationTime for each frame:

     The first frame's presentationTime is get from the wallclock by "gettimeofday()", what about the following frames?

   2.How to calculate the durationTime?

     DurationTime is usede to calculate the nextTime to send packet, how to calculate it if I am streaming from a H264 bytestream file,
     rather than from a live encoder?

   3.How to judge the current NALU Ends one AccessUnit in the function currentNALUnitEndsAccessUnit()?

     I found some clues in H264's standand document's section 7.4.1.2.4, is it the right place?

   Any help will be apprecaiated!
   Thanks.

B.R.
Felix.Xu