[Live-devel] RTP Timestamps

Eric Flickner eric.flickner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 03:07:07 PDT 2008

I am sure that the stream is an MPEG-4 ES via RTP.  The manufacturer usually
had a closed system, where they didn't test with other RTP clients for
problems.  They only checked the marker bit for the end of a frame and
ensured that there were no sequence gaps/errors when reassembling frames.  I
am aware that this stream should be using payload type 96 with increasing
timestamps.  How reliable can I expect this algorithm to be for packet
reassembly?

Thanks,

Eric Flickner