[Live-devel] mjpeg streaming over RTSP

Satheesh Ram satheesh at streamprocessors.com
Sun Mar 30 16:59:09 PDT 2008

Hi all,

#1  How to modify JPEGVideoRTPSink class to support JPEG streams with
restart markers? Are there any example implementation or FAQ for the same?

#2  I used JPEGVideoRTPSink to stream MJPEG streams with restart
markers. I used the openRTSP.exe to receive the same into file. The
received frame contains 623 bytes of JPEG header, followed by payload.
      If tried opening the stream using irfan view (image viewer),
output was gray screen.
      The JPEG header in received frame contains
      SOI (2 bytes), JFIF(18 bytes), DQT-Y (69), DQT - CB/CR(69), SOF0
(19), DHT- Y-DC(33), DHT-Y-AC(183), DHT-CH-DC(33), DHT-CH-AC(183 bytes),
followed by
      Start of scan FF DA (18 bytes) and my payload with re-start
markers (FF DD ....)
      If I remove the Start of scan FF DA (18 bytes) from the received
frame, any image viewer can able to decode the stream.
     Are the first 627 bytes header populated by JPEGVideoRTPSink class?
If so, how to get rid of 18 bytes in end of the header?

--
Satheesh Ram
Off. +91.80.41630270x25