[Live-devel] Program flow question

Alex Tarter alex.tarter at ultra-scs.com
Thu May 1 07:03:16 PDT 2008

I am new to developing using live555 so please excuse any obvious
questions!

I'm trying to stream JPEG images over RTP, so I've modified the Elphel
example to instead of getting a frame from a camera to read and send the
same JPEG image from file. Effectively just sending the same image over
and over again. Once I can do this I'll move on to generating streaming
jpeg frames.

The program compiles and seems to run (though wireshark says all the
packets are malformed!), though the timing is constant at 250 frames per
second!! No matter what frame rate I give it as an initial argument.

I imagine it is because there is no delay function in my code. At the
moment the 'fTimePerFrame' is set in the constructor for
ElphelJPEGDeviceSource but not used anywhere. Within the doEventLoop()
what is telling the process to only call doGetNextFrame() regularly (5
times per second say) rather than continuously? Should the delay
function go in the startCapture() function or the doGetNextFrame() or is
there a variable I need to set when adding the source to the environment
taskscheduler?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex Tarter

Ultra Electronics

Sonar & Communication Systems

Tel: +44 (0)20 8813 4527

Mobile: +44 (0)772 018 2267

www.ultra-electronics.com

This e-mail from Ultra Electronics Limited and any attachments to it are confidential to the intended recipient and may also be privileged.  If you have received it in error please notify the sender and delete it from your system.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other person.  All communications may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational and/or security purposes.  Please rely on your own virus checking as the sender cannot accept any liability for any damage arising from any bug or virus infection.  Ultra Electronics Limited is a company registered in England and Wales, registration number 2830644.  The address of its registered office is 417 Bridport Road, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 8UA.