[Live-devel] Connections not closed

Cristaldi Ambra Ambra.Cristaldi at elsagdatamat.com
Mon May 5 08:30:40 PDT 2008

Hi,

Some days ago I read the following thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/live-devel@lists.live555.com/msg01747.html .

I have a similar problem and I was wondering if it was a problem
concerned the RTSP- protocol. It's important to say that I *don't use*
the command "-t" to request TCP connection.

I know that, typically, RTSP uses TCP as its transport protocol, on port
554. All I do is running my openRTSP-project on windows platform and
observing the state of the network.

The result is that:

-           The Teardown operation is executed perfectly: I obtain the
correct reply from the client (RTSP/1.0 200 ok). But during the
teardown- request I find a problem in server request, concerning a
possible "TCP checksum offload" (observed it with Wireshark program).

-           After this operation, my client and server communicate
between them on TCP protocol to close connection (I suppose), but I
still find the same problem about the checksum, still on the
server-side.

-           Then, I control the state of the network using the command
"netstat -na" and find that a connection between client and server on
TCP remains in "TIME_WAIT" state, for a few minutes...

So, is this behaviour normal/correct? If not, what could be the problem?