[Live-devel] Live stream from network camera to streaming server object

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 16 01:33:05 PDT 2008

>The application is a multithreaded process.

Please read the FAQ entry on threads.

You should be able to do what you want using a single-threaded
process, using a single event loop.

>Are there any other ways exist to do it using LM infrastructure?

Yes, but not without writing more code (see below)

>By way I mean the code flow that may pass the stream from RTSPSource
>to Server Object.

Yes, I think you could do this by having the 'server' part of your
application read from the "RTPSource" objects that are created by the
'client' part of your application.  To do this, you would need to
write new "ServerMediaSession" subclasses (to replace the
"*FileServerMediaSubsession" classes that are used now) that read
from the "RTPSource" objects rather than "ByteStreamFileSource"
objects.