[Live-devel] simpleRTPSource arguments

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon May 19 02:32:00 PDT 2008

>Hi, i need some hints about the arguments of the method createNew of
>the simpleRTPSource class, especially for the rtppayloadformat and
>rtptimestampfrequency. I need to receive mpeg2 ts video; i think
>that the right value is rtppayloadformat=MP2T and
>rtptimestampfrequency=90000 am i right?

No.  The "rtpPayloadFormat" parameter is an 8-bit number: the RTP
payload format code used by the stream.

Yes, the "rtpTimestampFrequency" parameter is 90000 for MPEG
Transport Stream data.

Also, the "mimeType" parameter should be "video/MP2T".  (See line 751
of "liveMedia/MediaSession.cpp".)

>Another question, test program are always based on multicast
>address, will it work even with unicast?

The "*Streamer" and "*Receiver" applications use multicast.  However,
the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (server) and "openRTSP" (client) demo
applications use unicast.