[Live-devel] Scheduled streaming software

Javier Gálvez Guerrero javier.galvez.guerrero at gmail.com
Wed May 21 06:55:12 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I would like to know if you could recommend me any open-source software that
is capable of streaming scheduled/broadcast/multicast media contents and
support RTCP properly.

I have been using VLC 0.8.6 for many months but there are some
implementation errors in RTCP messaging between server and client in unicast
(RTCP messages from the client are sent to the tcpmux (1) port and server
doesn't send any RTCP message at all) and multicast (there are no RTCP
messages at all).

I have checked Live555 Media Server RTSP's service and it works perfectly
with VLC 0.8.6d/e/f. RTCP messages are sent without any problem from both
the server and the client sides. Anyway, it only offers VOD and I would like
to check multicast RTCP messages from a video streaming application.

Could you please guide me through this issue? Any suggestion would be so
much appreciated.

And by the way, sorry if this is not the place to ask this kind of question,
but as this is the only way to contact with you... I thought it would be ok.

Thank you all and regards,
Javi