[Live-devel] RTP extension header

Tonje Fredrikson tonjefr at ifi.uio.no
Wed May 21 16:00:49 PDT 2008

Hi,
I am wondering if there is any support in live555 to add an RTP extension
header to RTP packets streamed from a server when using SimpleRTPSink?

More detailed: I am using live555 to stream an MPEG2 TS file, purposely
sending the RTP packets out of order.  I am looking for a way to (buffer
and) reassemble the packets on the client side. Neither the RTP timestamp
nor the sequence number can be used for reassembly since the packets were
transmitted out of order. I am hoping to use the extension header to add a
sequence number there. If there is no support for this, does anyone have
an alternative suggestion?

Thanks!
--

Best regards,