[Live-devel] Streaming from a computer on LAN and behind a FW

Jarek M barcode at o2.pl
Fri May 23 03:43:52 PDT 2008

Hi. I got a following task to do.  I got to stream audio/video from a computer
that is on a local LAN to another computer that is on another LAN.
Both computers are behind a FW. The question is, how to stream from one to another?
Should some middle point be involved in arranging a connection?
Is there a way to enable RTP via TCP (and not UDP because the firewall blocks UDP)?

Basically, I'm trying to setup a system, where one computer (behind a FW and on LAN)
could request a video streaming from another computer (which is on another LAN and behind a firewall).

Any help greatly appreciated.
I'm a C/C++ code, more on the math side. So, network stuff is pretty new for me.

Kind Regards and Thanks,
Jarek M