[Live-devel] Creating an RTP Translator

Brian Marete bgmarete at gmail.com
Thu May 29 04:44:48 PDT 2008

Hello,

I would like to use live555 to create and RTP translator that simply
encrypts the payload of the RTP packets and preserves header
information such as SSRC as required by the RTP standard. It seems to
me I cannot use the usual source/sink facilities since then the sink
would create new header information, including new SSRC numbers for
the RTP packets.

I suspect that I will need to play around with the GroupSock
facilities. Any pointers for a quick start at the project?

Thanks.

--
B. Gitonga Marete
Tel: +254-722-151-590