[Live-devel] Creating an RTP Translator

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 29 06:57:51 PDT 2008

>I would like to use live555 to create and RTP translator that simply
>encrypts the payload of the RTP packets and preserves header
>information such as SSRC as required by the RTP standard. It seems to
>me I cannot use the usual source/sink facilities since then the sink
>would create new header information, including new SSRC numbers for
>the RTP packets.

You're correct that you can't use the usual *RTP*Source and *RTP*Sink
classes.  However, because you wish to pass the RTP header fields 'as
is', you could instead read and send raw-UDP (rather than RTP)
packets.  You can do this using the "BasicUDPSource" and
"BasicUDPSink" classes.

I.e., your translator could be built using a chain of objects:
	BasicUDPSource -> FramedFilter(subclass) -> BasicUDPSink