[Live-devel] Creating an RTP Translator

Brian Marete bgmarete at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:34:49 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:
> You're correct that you can't use the usual *RTP*Source and *RTP*Sink
> classes.  However, because you wish to pass the RTP header fields 'as is',
> you could instead read and send raw-UDP (rather than RTP) packets.  You can
> do this using the "BasicUDPSource" and "BasicUDPSink" classes.
>
> I.e., your translator could be built using a chain of objects:
>        BasicUDPSource -> FramedFilter(subclass) -> BasicUDPSink
> --

Thank you Ross. So I suppose that in my FrameFilter subclass, I would
have to parse the "frames" received from the UDPSource to fine the
real payload data, encrypt it and then re-insert the UDP headers that
were skipped, yes? (From my reading of the description of
BasicUDPSource).

Thanks Ross, for live555. I enjoy using it a great deal.

--
B. Gitonga Marete
Tel: +254-722-151-590