[Live-devel] Problem with openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Nov 2 01:40:15 PDT 2008

>2) Yes, I use ctrl+c to kill the process.
>
>Then, the problem is ctrl+c.

Yes - don't do this!  If you are outputting a ".avi", ".mov", or
".mp4" file, you must terminate "openRTSP" by signalling it with
SIGHUP or SIGUSR1, or else waiting for "openRTSP" to complete on its
own.

>But If I want relay a real time stream, can I output openRTSP to
>testOnDemandRTSPServer (for example with a pipe)?

Probably, provided, of course, that "openRTSP" is receiving a
video-only stream, or an audio-only stream, or a Transport Stream.
If you use it to output a ".avi", ".mov", or ".mp4" file, then
obviously you won't be able to re-stream that.