[Live-devel] Framer/Parser Implementation problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Nov 2 21:02:41 PST 2008

>My problem is the following:
>
>ByteStreamFileSource needs that H264VideoStreamFramer to have a
>parser. The parser object should parse byte after byte and deliver
>complete Nals to the framer. However since my Device source is
>already sending Nals using send(), I just need to do recv() to
>receive a complete NAL, without needing the exhausting parsing.
>
>What is the right thing to do (to keep only one Framer)
[...]

>3. implementing two types of framer. One that make use of the
>parser, and one that doesn't. (what I tried to avois)

This is what I would do.  Note that we already do this for MPEG-1,2
and 4 video: we have "MPEG*VideoStreamDiscreteFramer" for sources
that deliver complete frames (one at a time), and
"MPEG*VideoStreamFramer" for sources that deliver a byte stream.  So
you have some existing code to use as a model.