[Live-devel] Framer/Parser Implementation problem

Yedidia Amit amit.yedidia at elbitsystems.com
Sun Nov 2 22:51:13 PST 2008

thanks

Regards,

Amit Yedidia

Elbit System Ltd.

Email: amit.yedidia at elbitsystems.com

Tel: 972-4-8318905

________________________________

	From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com
[mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] On Behalf Of Ross Finlayson
	Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 7:03 AM
	To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
	Subject: Re: [Live-devel] Framer/Parser Implementation problem

		My problem is the following:

		ByteStreamFileSource needs that H264VideoStreamFramer to
have a parser. The parser object should parse byte after byte and
deliver complete Nals to the framer. However since my Device source is
already sending Nals using send(), I just need to do recv() to receive a
complete NAL, without needing the exhausting parsing.

		What is the right thing to do (to keep only one Framer)

	[...]

		3. implementing two types of framer. One that make use
of the parser, and one that doesn't. (what I tried to avois)

	This is what I would do.  Note that we already do this for
MPEG-1,2 and 4 video: we have "MPEG*VideoStreamDiscreteFramer" for
sources that deliver complete frames (one at a time), and
"MPEG*VideoStreamFramer" for sources that deliver a byte stream.  So you
have some existing code to use as a model.

The information in this e-mail transmission contains proprietary and business
sensitive information.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail may constitute
a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. You are also asked to contact the sender
by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original message.