[Live-devel] Streaming the same MEPG2 file circularly, only audio but no video

pan ke pankehust at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 12:54:20 PST 2008

Sorry for my late reply
my source data is MPEG Program Stream, and I create a new file
combining the two copies of my original file together, and I stream it
again using testOnDemandRTSPServer, the problem happened again.

I also use testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer to stream the file, when i
use the original file, it can stream the file again and again without
error(actually, this amounts to rerun the streamer). however, when i
use the combined file. the error still exists. I can only get the
audio, but no video.

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:
>> I use testOnDemandRTSPServer, and change it to read from "stdin". My
>> other application read a MEPG2 file circularly, and pipe it to
>> testOnDemandRTSPServer. I use VLC as player to read the stream via
>> RTSP.
>>
>> 1)The server can work very well at the first time, however, at the
>> second time, that is replaying the same video, I found that there is
>> only audio but no video. I tried to use other format like mp4, the
>> same problem also appears.
>>
>> 2)I tried to change the reading position by setting the offset of the
>> file to simulate the package losses, there is also only audio but no
>> video appearing.
>> How can I solve this problem?
>
> Is your source data a MPEG Program Stream, or a MPEG Transport Stream?
>
> Do you get the same problem if you create a new file by concatenating
> together two or more copies of the original file, and then stream directly
> from this new file (rather than from stdin), using the original, unmodified
> "testOnDemandRTSPServer"?
> --
>
> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.