[Live-devel] The address of ptr pointer is different with the address of fTo pointer.

Kuei-Yi auto.web at msa.hinet.net
Fri Nov 14 10:49:16 PST 2008

Hi Ross, and all,

   I have a question.

   I take a close look at an example of testMPEG4VideoStreamer program. Its
process is: Upon the completion of doGetNextFrame(), the live555 will call
StreamParser:: afterGettingBytes function. And the live555 can catch
previously frame data and write it into the ptr pointer by "unsigned char *
ptr = & buffer-> curBank () [buffer-> fTotNumValidBytes];" procedure.

   My question is: I am based on testMPEG4VideoStreamer and develop my
application. I have written one DataQueue Class in order to the work of
replacing ByteStreamFileSource Class. It is smooth-going in the course work.
The frame data that it was caught from DataQueue Class are also written into
fTo pointer. But, when the process was upon the completion of
doGetNextFrame() and calling StreamParser:: afterGettingBytes function, and
finish out "unsigned char * ptr = & buffer-> curBank () [buffer->
fTotNumValidBytes];" procedure. The address of ptr pointer is different with
the address of fTo pointer. The reason cause what it is? Which procedure
have I needing to notice?