[Live-devel] Help MPEG4 streamingwith wait at end of file

Frank Podd f.podd at bradford.ac.uk
Sun Nov 16 04:05:35 PST 2008

Hello,
   I'm trying to use the live555 streaming media to stream video that we are
capturing to file from a camera.
The camera encodes (mpeg4) the video and writes it to a file. At the same
time live555 is reading from that file and streaming the video over RTSP.
The problem we are having is that the live555 streamer catches up with the
end of that growing file and then restarts from the beginning of the file.
How can I configure live555 to wait at the end of the file until new frames
arrive?
Many thanks
Frank