[Live-devel] Where are TS PCR's decoded?

mamille1 at rockwellcollins.com mamille1 at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Nov 19 15:20:03 PST 2008

All

We're looking in to a problem with playback of our transport streams. From
looking at the code in the liveMedia library, we think that it's primarily
handled by MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp. So that we don't interfere too
much with a playback, we've added a few debugging print statements.
Trouble is, we don't see the output from our debug statements.

1) Is MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp the place where PCR's are processed
and used to control when packets are sent out?

2) When recording a stream (where the final sink is a FileSink object), is
there any processing of PCR's?

Thanks for all your help.

-=- Mike Miller
SW Engineer, Govt. Systems