[Live-devel] Multicasting and Live555 Media Server

Mike Cravens mrcravens at verizon.net
Fri Nov 21 06:13:04 PST 2008

Two ( perhaps related) questions:

   1. What use , if any, of multicasting is made by the Live555 Media
      Server?
   2. We are trying to run both pre-built and locally built versions of
      Live555 media server on an Intel x86 machine on Centos 5.2.  When
      we execute the "live555MediaServer" command, we get a return
      showing 0.0.0.0 as the RTSP address: *Play streams from this
      server using the URL rtsp://0.0.0.0/<filename>.*

Needless to say, we are not able to stream our mpeg2 ts files using vlc.
We are able to stream the same file from an Ubuntu machine which we
installed a pre-built binary  (version 0.15 library version 2007.02.20).

The Ubuntu machine is ona different network with different
router/switch, etc.

Any suggestions on how to isolate the problem and/or any suggestions for
running on Centos and any ideas as to why liveMediaServer should return
an all zero address are appreciated greatly.

Regards,

mrcravens at verizon.net
(972) 693-7799