[Live-devel] Jitter value with openRTSP

ggomand ggomand at info.fundp.ac.be
Tue Nov 25 08:07:55 PST 2008

Thank you for your reply.

>> So, to get the jitter value in seconds, I've made the following
>> addition in the source code of the file "playCommon.cpp". (from line
>> 1170 to 1175)
>>
>> 1165    RTPReceptionStatsDB::Iterator statsIter(src->receptionStatsDB());
>> 1166    // Assume that there's only one SSRC source (usually the case):
>> 1167    RTPReceptionStats* stats = statsIter.next(True);
>> 1168    if (stats != NULL) {
>> 1169
>> 1170    //code added by myself
>> 1171    double freq = src->timestampFrequency();
>
> You probably need to explicitly convert to 'double' - i.e.
>     double freq = (double)(src->timestampFrequency());
> That will likely solve your problem.

I did it and it's the same result => timestampFrency = 5544

I've seen (thanks to wireshark) in the SDP : "Media Attribute (a):
rtpmap:96 MP4V-ES/5544"

I've got the same output like this :
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2005-December/003732.html
(I'm using the same file "mpg4video.mp4".

Have you an idea about this? (5544 instead of 90000)

>> Another question, the fJitter value is in float, while the return
>> value of the jitter() function is in integer, is it right?
>> Why this choice?
>
> Because this is the code in RFC 3550, section A.8.

Ok.

And my last question:
"the value jitter that is given in the stats (QoS stats) is the mean
jitter?"

Thank you very much,

Gille