[Live-devel] The role of DEMUX_CAN_CONTROL_RATE and DEMUX_CAN_SET_RATE in vlc

Vinod Kumar Malamal Vadakital vinod.malamalvadakital at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 09:23:47 PST 2008

Hello everyone,
     I dont know if this is the right forum for this question. If not please
bear with me and point me to the right one. I am working with client
controlled rate adaptation in vlc which uses live555 libraries for RTSP
streaming. When reading the demux code live555.cpp, I came across two case
switches (that are comment out in vlc version 0.9.6). These two switches are
DEMUX_CAN_CONTROL_RATE and DEMUX_SET_RATE. Could anyone tell me if these
switches are for requesting a different transmission rate from the server?
If so why are they not enabled or if there are any problems with their
working?

Best Regards
Vinod