[Live-devel] Live555 Compilation for VLC in cygwin

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 26 17:03:34 PST 2008

I don't want to add - to our distribution - anything that's specific
to VLC, because (i) VLC is only one of the many 3rd party
applications that use our code, and (ii) because VLC is not our code,
it is difficult to keep track of if/when any VLC dependent code of
ours will continue to be correct.

The only difference between your config file and the existing
"config.cygwin" is in the definition of C_FLAGS and CPLUSPLUS_FLAGS.
Therefore I wonder: Will your "config.cygwin-vlc" work for building
the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code - including the "testProgs" - by
itself, without VLC?  If so, then I could just replace our
"config.cygwin" with your config file.  Please let me know if I can
go ahead and do this.