[Live-devel] Live555 Compilation for VLC in cygwin

Guy Bonneau gbonneau at matrox.com
Thu Nov 27 07:53:02 PST 2008

No don't!

Adding the -mno-cygwin and -D_WIN32 create a context that seems to bypass
the cygwin layer to win32 api. Which VLC seems to do for the network stuff
of live555 library. It would be possible to have the live555 testing
applications link without error by using the w32api libraries of cygwin (I
tried). But this would need more modifications to the config.cygwin that
will likely break many third party applications that use the full standard
context of cygwin and don't want to bypass the cygwin layer.

I believe it would be possible to modify the config.cygwin file such that it
could support both context options. May be by using some environment
variable defining the context in cygwin to be use. But I have not enough
understanding of cygwin development to do it with confidence that I will not
break anything. May be if there is a VLC developer on this list and that he
finds that this is "his cup of tea" and want to do it.

Regards
Guy Bonneau