[Live-devel] seeking in DSS stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 10 00:20:42 PDT 2008

>When I do seeking operation, I find that when the client send pause,
>seek and play command and start playing again, there will be a gap in
>the DSS's RTCP SR ntpTimestamp(I print out this in
>RTPReceptionStats::noteIncomingSR()), and this will cause the
>MediaSubsession::getNormalPlayTime return a wrong NPT, jump from
>201.17 to 3.78.

This shows that your "DSS" is badly broken.  Make sure you're using
an up-to-date version.  If you are, and are still having this
problem, then you need to complain on a DSS-related mailing
list.  (When a third-party server is badly broken like this, there's
little we can do.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>