[Live-devel] Live555 as a multimedia platform

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.singh20 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 01:13:21 PDT 2008

Hi All,

        We are planning to make a platform using Live555 that will provide
        simultaneous 120 SIP/RTSP session.

        For transcoding, we are planning to intergrate ffmpeg with Live555.
        First help us by assuring that Is it possible to make platfrom using
Live555 and
        ffmpeg that can provide 120 SIP/RTSP session simultaneously.

        Secondly, we want to know, Whether we should use 120 processes or
120 threads (in a process)
        to run 120 SIP/RTSP session simultaneously?

        As per my experience, threads are better than processes. but to run
mutiple session using Live555,
        i read processes are better than threads.

        Thirdly, we tested testOnDemandRTSPServer and found that it can
provide mutiple RTSP session
        simulaneously.We have gone through testOnDemandRTSPServer code for
mp3 file streaming.
        But We are not able to find how this code is running mutiple session
without
        using thread/process for particular session.

        Can u please tell us how you people are running mutiple session
without using thread and process
        for single session.

With Regards,
Sukhbir Singh