[Live-devel] Question about RTSP paths

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 14 08:21:50 PDT 2008

>For instance, i have a medium that is located in this sub-tree :
>./foo/bar/baz/video.mpg
>
>As the RTSP server runs at the root of this tree, I thought I could
>access the medium with this url :
>
>rtsp://localhost:6666/foo:bar:baz:video.mpg
>
>Am I wrong on this one ?

No, you can do this, but you first need to create a symbolic link -
at the root of the tree - named "foo:bar:baz:video.mpg" - that points
to the actual file.

I.e., at the root of thr tree, run
         ln -s foo/bar/baz/video.mpg foo:bar:baz:video.mpg
(if you're running a Unix system; I don;t know how you do this in Windoze).

I.e., the actual file name, read by the server, is "foo:bar:baz:video.mpg"

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>