[Live-devel] RTCP Bye in PassiveServerMediaSession

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 15 20:17:33 PDT 2008

>The behavior I expect is that at the end of the stream, when
>stopPlaying() is called on both sinks, live555 should send and RTCP
>Bye packet, causing MPlayer to exit.

No, that's not what the code does.  When the code reaches the end of
the input file, it reads/streams it again starting from the
beginning.  During this whole time, the output (network) stream
remains intact, so no RTCP "BYE" ever gets sent.

I.e., the code runs in a loop, reading/streaming the same file(s)
over and over again.

>What, in the API, should I do to force an RTCP bye packet to be sent
>after the sinks are closed?

In the current code, the (RTP)Sinks never get closed! (See above.)

However, if you wanted to cause a RTCP "BYE" packet to get sent, then
the way to do this would be to call "Medium::close()" on the
"RTCPInstance" object.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>