[Live-devel] optimising openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 16 06:32:19 PDT 2008

>I have cross compiled openRTSP for mips platform and I am using its for
>recording mjpeg streams(30fps frame rate 32kb frame size). I need to run
>multiple instances of  this client ( say 16). But the problem is one
>openRTSP client consuming around 12% of CPU time.

That's strange, considering that the application - after it does the
RTSP protocol exchange - does little more than sitting in a loop,
reading data from a network socket and then writing it to a
file.  (It also adds a JPEG header for each frame.)

>  So it is difficult to
>run more than 6 clients sessions without considerable packet loss. How
>do I optimize openRTSP application??

I don't know.  You're first going to have to figure out where it's
spending most of its CPU time, and why.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>