[Live-devel] Try-catch in parsers

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 30 05:15:04 PDT 2008

>1.Why the parsers in the Live libarary are working with try and catch?

When a parser runs into the end of its input buffer (which could
happen anywhere within the parsing code), it needs to temporarily
stop parsing, request new input data, and then return to the event
loop.  C++ language exceptions were a good way to do this in the code.

>2. If I am implementing DeviceSouce which deliver H264 nals threw
>socket (as you recommended), how should I know which nal is the last
>NAL fo the  AccessUnit (last nal in frame)?

I don't know, but presumably your encoder has this information (somehow).