[Live-devel] RTSPServer disconnects client session in incomingRequestHandler1 [Update]

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 30 06:09:45 PDT 2008

>I managed to track the cause of the disconnection down.
>It seems that the later connection's RR packets are not handled by
>RTPTransmissionStats::noteIncomingRR but by the

That's strange.  When the RTSP server handles the RTSP "PLAY"
command, its call to "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession::startStream()"
causes "StreamState::startPlaying()" to be called, which should cause
a "RTCPInstance" to be created.  That should then cause incoming data
(on the TCP connection) to be handled by the RTP/RTCP code, rather
than the RTSP code,

>Every RR fills the buffer up and when the buffer is finally full the
>RTSP server terminates the client connection.
>Still don't know what exactly is causing the system to get into the
>error state.
>Maybe this will give you some indication of what's going wrong since
>you know the system so in depth.

Thanks for the report.  Unfortunately, I don't know what's going
wrong.  The fact that you see the problem only when the server runs
Linux, and not Windows, is strange.

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.