[Live-devel] Filter chain question - chain seems to stall

mamille1 at rockwellcollins.com mamille1 at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Sep 9 11:45:35 PDT 2008

All

We've inserted a custom filter into our transport stream recording chain.
Almost all the time it works (and has been working pretty well for many
months), but lately we've seen this problem:

data is being streamed towards our unit, and RTP packets are being
buffered;
when our problem occurs, one of the 'downstream' filters seems to stop
requesting new data
RTP packets 'pile up' in memory and no data is written to our recording
file.

We wanted to check our understanding of the normal source-to-sink chain
processing. The network side of our chain depends on being called from its
sink-ward filter to get started, but afterwards continues on its own to
get RTP packets from the network. When called on it will provide data to
its sink, but the part that pulls in RTP packets from the network won't
hang or stall if it's getNextFrame() is never called by its sink.

Thanks!

-=- Mike Miller
SW Engineer
Rockwell Collins, Inc.