[Live-devel] [live-devel]: Question on rate control in Live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 9 01:10:42 PDT 2008

You didn't say so explicitly, but I assume you're talking about MPEG
Transport  Stream files.  (Our server can stream many other kinds of file.)

>Could you please tell me as to how the live555 decides at what rate
>it is going to stream out a given file. Does the Live555 determine
>the rate by looking at the PCR values in the file.

Yes - specifically the class "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer".  (Note how
the variable "fDurationInMicroseconds" is calculated.  That variable
determines the rate at which the data is streamed.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>