[Live-devel] Filter chain question - chain seems to stall

mamille1 at rockwellcollins.com mamille1 at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Sep 10 07:45:02 PDT 2008

Ross

Thanks for the quick reply and the advice.

Just a note about the MultiFramedRTPSource class we're using. The first
time doGetNextFrame() is called, it starts the network read handler. This
handler continues to run, pulling packets off the network and buffering
them, until the object is destroyed, an error occurs or we call
doStopGettingFrames().

Calling getNextFrame() on this object will copy data from its list of
buffered packets to the caller's buffer in typical fashion.

When our chain stalls, getNextFrame() isn't being called or isn't
returning, so data pulled in by the network read handler piles up in
memory.

We're certain that the problem is on our end rather than in the current
live555 code. Wish us luck as we dig into this.

-=- Mike Miller
SW Engineer, Govt. Systems
Rockwell Collins, Inc.
Cedar Rapids, IA