[Live-devel] Creating multiple RTSP receiver clients in one process.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 24 07:28:12 PDT 2008

At 02:31 AM 9/24/2008, you wrote:
>How many concurrent streams can live555 handle?
>
>At one time I would need to handle 64 concurrent streams.
>What is the best way to create multiple RTSPclients that will all
>receive MPEG4 stream in the same time?

In principle you can create multiple "RTSPClient" objects, each using
a single event loop (and a single thread).  However, because our
"RTSPClient" implementation currently uses synchronous (blocking)
network I/O, this will not work well.  Therefore, for now, I suggest
creating multiple *processes*, each with its own "RTSPClient".

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>