[Live-devel] Streaming Live H264 encoded bit stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 26 06:58:11 PDT 2008

>I am trying the stream the live captured h.264 encoded bit stream through
>the OnDemandRTSP server.
>I did modified the OnDemandRTSPServer application to read the .h264 file and
>could successfully stream the file.
>Now I would like to stream the live camera captured h.264 encoded bit
>stream, What changes I have to do in testOnDemandRTSP
>server application to send the real time live camera captured h.264 encoded
>bit stream?.
>My h.264 encoder output provides 1 NAL unit per frame.
>
>I did gone through the FAQ but couldn't get much help.

See
         http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#h264-streaming
         http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput
         http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast

I.e., your data chain will be:
         YourH264InputSource -> YourH264VideoStreamFramerSubclass ->
H264VideoRTPSink
Since you already claim to be streaming from a ".h264" file (whatever
that means), then you presumably already have:
         ByteStreamFileSource -> YourH264VideoStreamFramerSubclass ->
H264VideoRTPSink
So, just replace "ByteStreamFileSource" with "YourH264InputSource" (a
new class that you will need to write, to encapsulate your H.264
input device).  (Just be sure to change the the variable
"reuseFirstSource" to "True" in your "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession"
subclass (which you have presumably already written to create the data chain).)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>